Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm back!

Where have I been? Not blogging for sure. This last summer I spend working in my "job" at CalPERS. We had a new system going in and I was doing my best to try and help make that transition as smooth as possible. This project has been in the making for the last 6 or 7 years, I was brought on in June 2010. It was a huge project, one web based system to replace 47 legacy systems. Although it had known issues going live, we went forward! Go live was September 19th. Whew... I worked a lot of overtime over the summer leaving little to no time for artistic endevors.

The good news is I am retiring!! My official retirement date is December 31st but, I had some vacation collected so my last day working was the Friday before Thanksgiving!! I am returning to my job part time after the new year, we'll see how long that lasts! For now I am enjoying the retired life. I did actually leave town for 10 days, rented a wonderful little house in Jenner CA. I did a lot of much needed resting, enjoying family, playing some music, sitting in the glorious sun AND did get some painting in! Here are just a couple of photos from that trip.






























I plan to update my blog more often, so check back!!

No comments: