Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Fall in Sacramento!

You just have to love the Fall weather in Sacramento! I always complain in the summer, I hate the heat, but the fall is the best. The last 2 weeks have had highs in the mid 70's and the leaves are turning and falling. It's beautiful! I've been busy working on my pieces for the Swell Sisters Second Saturday show. They are coming right along.

I took a little break to paint a small painting for a kind of second daughter… Jamie is my friend Patti's daughter. Patti and I have been friends since high school, so for quite a while, our kids grew up together. Well Jamie just celebrated her 28th birthday and I wanted to give her something special. Her family loves to go to Disneyland, and I found a photo of the backs of her children on her MySpace page and it gave me the idea for this little painting. I thought, hum a sunset with the kids in Mickey ears! It is 6X6, sides painted black. I was quite pleased with it, and when Jamie opened it she squealed! I was happy.

Not much else going on. I have all next week off. I am going to paint, and clean house and shop for Thanksgiving. I am having Thanksgiving dinner at my house just a small group. Should be very nice, I'm looking forward to it!

Oh we had raccoons visit our backyard pond again last night. Joe and I tried to scare them away. He was very brave and went down with a big stick and tried to scare them, well it did. They ran up in the trees to hide but as soon as he came back in they were right back in the pond. Thanks for trying honey! We'll see if we have any fish or frogs left! Oh well. That is the circle of life I guess!! Be well. Tj.

1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

I love love LOVE my painting! I have gotten so many people ask about it as it now proudly hangs on my wall in my office!! xoxoxxo love u CA mommy!