Thursday, April 8, 2010

Susan G Komen Jammin for the Cure fundraiser

Last week, I was invited to participate in a fundraiser at my office for the Susan G Komen, Jammin' for the cure CalPERS team. There was a silent art auction, and also I could have a vendor table. So I thought why not! Good cause, and maybe I'll even sell a few paintings. Of course I needed to do some new paintings just for this event, so over the last weekend I painted and of course there had to be a LOT of pink! The piece I donated I called Up a Pink River, it is 12x12. Then I wanted to have some pink on my table, and I'm REALLY into flowers lately, so I did these 3 pink flowers. They are 8x8. Pink Gerbera Daisy, Pink Plumeria, and Pink Hibiscus. I also did some of my mini 3x3 paintings, daisies, palm trees, peace signs. I picked out a garage sale mix of some of my older smaller pieces too, just to have a variety. The event was today and was a grand success! The silent art piece went for $30, and I was giving 25% of my sales to the Komen foundation so I raised $70.00 total! I was very pleased. Thanks to everyone who participated today and special thanks to everyone who purchased one of my pieces. I was so grateful to be able to put some funds to the cause! Be well… Tj.














5 comments:

Ralph said...

Marvellous and such a good way to put art to use. thank you

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the pink river painting, TJ. So glad you have the boat going upriver too. A perfect subliminal message for all women and men who are battling breast cancer. Love that you raised money for the cause too! Well done, my blogger friend!

Garnetrose said...

Your blog is beautiful. I love your work...both paintings and photos.

Lost. said...

I love the painting with the red river. Gorgeous!

http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/

Campbell Jane said...

Love your flowers!