Monday, August 30, 2010

Art Bra Show!

I am very happy to say I finished my art bra!!! I found out about the show just last week, the deadline to turn in my piece is September first! I really wanted to participate so I came up with an idea and ran with it! My sunflowers are created around the cups of a bra. Petals, leaves and stems are a polyester fabric, stiffened by this product I used for the first time call Stiffy! I cut out the petals and flowers, soaked them in Stiffy and let them dry. A little paint on the bra to create the center of the flower, a little hot glue to attach the petals, stems and leaves and voila! The Art Bra 3 show benefits the Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services and the Albie Aware Breast Cancer Foundation. A very worthy cause. Here is the poster for the show and my Sunflower Bra! He he he...

For more information go to the Art Bra Blog!

I'm also in 2 other benefit shows for September. Want to know more? Get it on my website ophelias-flowers.com





3 comments:

Linda Ibrahim said...

What a great job you did and very creative!! Hope I get to see the show.

Autumn Leaves said...

Well done, TJ! Something about the word 'stiffy' in conjunction with boob...er...bra...talk...Just ew! LOL But still, this looks fabulous!

Savannah said...

Beautiful. I love your blog. You are invited to check out my blog.