Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm so EXCITED!!!

Ok for those of you who grew up in Sacramento, do you remember Captain Mitch?? Or maybe Captain Delta will ring a bell? He was the captain of The Valley Queen, an imaginary boat that floated down the lazy river, kids that were chosen to be on the show would use the spyglass and introduce cartoons with the "cartoon ahoy!" cheer, and off we go to watch our favorite cartoons. Mr. Magoo and Bugs were my favorites. Oh how I wanted to be on that show!!! My brother and I applied but were never chosen, :( But I loved Captain Mitch!! He has such a great smile!!

Well, 2 years ago at my in-laws wedding I got to meet him! Yes Captain Mitch is alive and well!! They have been friends for many years which I didn't know until their wedding. I was like a kid when I met him the first time! My daughter thought I was nuts she just kept shaking her head at me and laughing. A kid in a candy store I was!!! I got to spend time with him again since then, he attended a dinner party at my in-laws which was also fun, and exciting but there were many people there so I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him.


But… tonight… we are going to dinner over their house and it will be just the 5 of us!!! I get Captain Mitch all to myself!! I'm so very excited!! Is that weird? :o


Here is a photo of me and Captain Mitch 2 years ago when I first met him. (Wow my hair has really grown!)
I don't look happy do I?? :) Yahoo!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!!!
Ok, be well, Tj.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you're not weird. We had a similar show when I was growing up in Philadelphia called the Bill Bennett Show. His farm animals were a big part of the show. I was one of just a few kids accepted to a very special school (no, not that kind of special!) which was an agricultural school in Philly. There were only 96 kids in my graduating class.

Anyway, the first day of school, who walks into the large animal husbandry lab but Bill Bennett!? He was as good a teacher as he was a kid's show host. He was my favourite teacher the entire four years.

Anonymous said...

OMG! How cool is that!!! Captain Mitch!!! and YOU!!!....ahhhh!!!! how cool!!!

Can you see I'm a wee bit excited too?

You are special, Terry Lev, VERY special and blessed.

Dynomite!

-jenj

Anonymous said...

I lovd Capt. Mitch! He looks like he did way back then!