Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday reflections...

Hello bloggers! Happy Monday to all. I had a great weekend… spent time with lots of family and friends. Friday night was spent celebrating my dear father in laws birthday! It was a great celebration, lots of food, music, family and friends. Saturday morning I went to the Pride parade with Lindsey, the Pride festival is in the park right by our house every year, and we always walk over to see the parade! Always fun and colorful! I took photos and will post some as soon as I download them! The rest of Saturday was spend preparing for and participating in the Summer Solstice Celebration! It was a nice event. Thanks to Laurie Lee for letting me participate at short notice. Thanks to Lindsey for helping and staying the whole night, and thanks to Nick for helping set up! The drumming was great, the Fire Dancers were amazing! I don't think I've ever watch close up before… wow! Daring, delightful, scary, exciting, thrilling… but are those ladies crazy?? I don't know if I would have that courage, fire scares me too much! And I do have to say for the first few hours of summer it was ccccccold!!!! We were freezing by the time we left… even with my shawl and a blanket. Burrrrr…. It is summer right? Yesterday my hubby was playing in Isleton, CA with the Bayou Boys Band. Always a great time! Of course spending time with my honey is ALWAYS time well spent!


So I have a couple of things to share… I signed up for facebook so you can find me at www.facebook.com/ophelias.flowers and I also created a new on line gallery which you can find here www.gallerish.com/artist.php?ArtistID=300 just putting myself out there… spreading me all over the web!


Ok, that's all for today. Bee well… Tj.

No comments: