Monday, August 31, 2009

Quilting… oh no a new passion??

So, you may or may not know, I've been a fabric freak for years. My mom taught me to sew when I was just a girl, through my life I've made my own clothes, curtains, dolls, costumes, pillows, kids stuff you name it, if it's fabric I've probably made it but… never have quilted. I always thought I'd enjoy it but never took that on. Well my friend Patti is an amazing quilter, and while she has been here visiting I've been introduced to that passion. I know right? How many hours are in a day???
Anyway, I found this quilt pattern called Attic Windows and I love it! I have all these small pieces of fabric that has great graphics on it, that would look really cute in the windows! So, I'm going to give it a try. I can always call on Patti for help if I get stuck!! Love you Patti!! Here is a photo of the finished pattern. My windows will have different things in them, but you get the idea!





I spent this last Saturday at Carolee and David's home again. What a difference a week made, it was so hot there! Their end of the year party was a great success, it was just spend in a different part of their home than usual, way too hot to be on the back deck or the bocce court! But as the sun went down we all made our way out there! Great food, great conversations, great company! One of the things I love about being there is watching the humming birds. I could sit for hours and take photos of them. They dance and fight, eat and squeak at each other. Quite a ballet! They have hundreds of hummers that feed at their feeders! Here is a couple of photos I took (2 out of about 70!)

Here is also another photo of my best friends, Carolee on the left and Patti on the right. This was taken at The Tides restaurant in Bodega Bay CA, one of the places the movie The Birds was filmed! It's been great spending all that time together!!! I love you both!




Be well, be creative! Tj.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Quilting is another of those areas that I always want to try my hand at too. And I also love and adore fabrics and sometimes have them to just have them. But as you said, only so many hours in a day. I already get overwhelmed about all that I want to do of a day. Sigh...