Friday, June 27, 2008

Just because...


Well I already skipped a day. I told myself I wouldn't do that when I started my blog. Oh well, such is life I guess! It's Friday, yeah! Fridays are good days but I am usually pretty tired by the end of the week. Guess I'm no kid anymore! Tonight I'm painting... walls, still. Tomorrow my brother Tim comes over to replace 2 windows downstairs. Hopefully the down stairs will be ready for Lindsey to move soon!
Next week is a short work week. Friday being the 4th of July! My husband Joe is playing a gig up at Lake Tahoe and part of the pay is a room!! We get a chance to get away together, I get to hear him play, and we get to breath some air! At least I hope Tahoe isn't as smokey as it is here in the valley. I am going to bet it isn't. Air would be nice, I am growing tired of breathing this stuff. Anyway, he is playing with Ron Bombardier and the Bayou Boys Band as part of the Valhalla music series at the Tallac Historic Site in South Lake Tahoe. There is the Star Spangled Fourth Lights on the Lake celebration, which is supposed to be the largest synchronized fireworks display west of the Mississippi! WOW! I love the big fireworks, the safe and sane set off yourself kind, not so much. But the BIG ones I just love!
Something else we have to look forward to, we just scheduled our summer vacation! Yeah!!! The end of July we are going to spend 8 nights just south of Santa Cruz, rented a house right on the ocean. Ahhhhh. We take a vacation every year with my brother and his kids. It's been a great tradition that I hope we can continue even though the kids are all getting older! Thaddeus, my nephew, is now 10 and he is the youngest of the gang. The board walk will be fun for him and the rest of us too! Heather, my niece, is 15. They will probably both bring friends along. My daughter Lindsey has a friend who lives there and attends UC Santa Cruz so she will look forward to spending time with her! Joe and I plan to do a lot of walking on the beach, and sitting and staring at the ocean. Maybe I'll actually get time to do some painting too! Canvas' of course, not walls… :)
Ok, well I guess that's it for today… or at least now, maybe more later. I am going to paint again (walls not canvas)... Be well. Until next time… Tj.
Oh and here is another painting I did, one of my very first, almost 2 years ago. Painted for my friend Carolee. Her and her hubby moved from the Elk Grove area to just West of Santa Rosa in the wine country. This was a house warming gift. It is called "The view from Carolee's Tub" And it is too. She has awesome views!

1 comment:

Campbell Jane said...

Hi Terry! LOVE your new painting! Have a great weekend!