Friday, October 24, 2008

To the sweet little lady...

Ok, she will probably never see this, but I wanted to write it anyway. Yesterday at lunch I went to University Art on J Street here in downtown Sacramento, to purchase a blank set of Artist Trading Cards (ATC). I found a parking place, got out of my car, stood at the light to cross the street. Across the street I spied this sweet little lady, she was probably in her late 70's or early 80's, tiny little thing, and she was just smiling at me!! As I crossed the street she started to say something, but there was traffic noise and I’m no spring chicken, married to a bass player who has played in too many loud bands, and well, my hearing isn't what it used to be. I shook my head and pointed to my ear as I walked toward her. I said to her I'm sorry I couldn't hear you. I could see she had in her hand a small bouquet of white Azaleas. She proceeded to divide the bouquet in half and hand me a small bunch, and as she did she said with a big bright smile Happy Halloween! That just made my day. She was so sweet, and kind and her eyes were sparkling. Such a joyous moment in time! It just goes to show how one very small random act of kindness can change someone's whole day… or maybe life! The flower symbolism associated with azaleas is temperance, passion, womanhood (China), take care of yourself for me and fragile passion. Perfect! So to that sweet little lady, thank you for sharing your flowers and your gracious smile! It was wonderful to meet you.
Last night I enjoyed the company of some of my Swell Sisters. Our Quirky Art Group met at the Coffee Garden and worked on some art projects. This month we were supposed to work on wearable art, and were supposed to bring canvas shoes to paint. Well I never did get any shoes so I took the ATC canvas I bought at the art store and completed 2 ATC's, so now at the next Swell Sister meeting I can begin trading! I'll post the 2 cards I finished later, both were flowers, a close up sunflower, and a couple of daffodils! I am excited about doing ATC's and hope to trade with artists all over the world. My Swell Sisters made some wonderful colorful art covered shoes to wear in public, and also one very cute little pink bag.
I'm going to Lindsey's show again tonight at Sac State. It is an awesome show, this is the last weekend. If you haven't seen it you should go! See my previous post for info. Ok that's all for today, be well. Tj.

No comments: