Monday, January 4, 2010

Trying to jumpstart my creative juices!

Ok, so step one in to get my creative self blasting forward in 2010 is to get my studio cleared and organized. It is a daunting task, as my studio became home to many non studio like things over the holidays. The box from our new TV, our old TV, boxes and bags, moved lamps and tables, plastic tubs of stuff. Now that the holidays are over maybe I can get it to be functional again! First step was to take down the Christmas decorations. Done. Next the old TV is going to goodwill, TODAY! Done. TV box and plastic tubs back down to the garage where they belong! Now I just need to organize. And that isn't going to be easy. I mean what do I do with all this art? I have art stacking up everywhere! I produced a lot this last year and didn't sell much of it. What to do… oh well I'll figure something out. At the very least, neatly leaned up in the corner right? Then I need to figure out how much blank canvas I have. I do have quite a bit yet to fill!

Then the next step to recharge! Get those creative energies going, but how? Ok, well I found another artist challenge! This one is just a little different, and has a whole world that comes with it. It is more than a blog challenge it is a private club of artists, they call it a dare between artists. There is always a theme for each challenge of course. But it is even more, there is a whole forum for artists. To discuss and share information and news. The Artist Challenge - A private art club for artists, art patrons and fool hardy souls! Ha! I am excited I found it, and hope to jump in for one of the upcoming challenges!!!









I do have some valentines in my head I want to put on canvas. No shows in January I took the month off to recharge! So here we go are you coming with me??? Be CREATIVE!!!! Tj.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Good luck with your inspiration, TJ. It seems you've made a great start! Feels good to get things organized and put away, doesn't it? I'm not even heading over to that link...at least not yet. I can't even keep up with the things I've set myself to doing! May your muses muse!