Sunday, July 11, 2010

Where have I been??

Whew... I have been busy! So much to tell you about I don't know where to start... Well at work I was reassigned to a project, it's a huge project and very important. I am on the Business Services team, and we were just last week all moved to the 5th floor of our building. I have a window seat for the first time in years... natural light what a concept! This project is fairly high stress... lots of meetings and discussions of how the new system should function. Lots of documents to review. We are creating one new web based system, and converting data from 48 legacy systems. Quite an undertaking!! Conversion alone has been a challenge. I am so tired by the time I get off work I rarely feel like blogging!

It's festival season! Fun times... Even though it's really hot here in the summer, we always get to do some really fun events! My hubby has been playing a lot and I've attended several Friday night concerts. The first was on June 11th, with the Wingnut Adams band at the first Amador County Arts Council Friday night concert series. It was a magical evening, under the majestic oaks, great music.

















Then on June 18th he played the second ACAC Friday night concert with the Bayou Boys Band.

















The next Friday was in Placerville for the Placerville Brewfest, again with the Bayou Boys. This time Ron Bombardier's grandson came out and played his accordion! He is so darn cute and so serious about playing!!! Quite the 3 year old!

















And on Friday July 3rd he played in Auburn with the great Frankie Lee! Another great outdoor concert, Frankie sure can sing!























I'm still painting, in fact I'm working on one large commission piece. It is coming along, but I get tired or at least my arm does. So I have to work on it a little at a time. In between I've been working on small pieces, I'm going to open an etsy shop soon so I'm creating some inventory! I also did a painting for a girl at work, Karli, that was working as a business architect on the project with me but she is moving back home to Phoenix so we are losing her. :( I did a painting of her dog Ari, when he was a puppy. She loved it! I am really happy she did. She is a very smart, beautiful girl. It was a pleasure to get to know her. I'm happy I could give her something to remember me. I'll miss your bright smile Karli!

















Well that is it for now. I promise not to let so much time fly by before blogging again!
Be well... Tj.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to, TJ. Looks like it is all good stuff keeping you busy and away though! Love the puppy painting!