Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One of those days...

That you are taught lessons. It started this morning. I drove to work, which granted I shouldn't be doing because I could walk in about 8 minutes, or ride my bike in about 2, but it's summer and I get lazy when it's hot. So I drove. I made a discovery about a year ago, I can park at the meters across the street from my office, park all day and not pay because I have the correct parking permit. I do live in the neighborhood. So, this morning I drove the 5 blocks… then I drove for about 20 minutes looking for a spot to leave my car… oh that is good for the enviroment huh! During the I5 fix project they have about 20 or more parking spots closed, I guess so people can use that as a turning lane I'm not sure. But it certainly does make parking hard. So I think I'll drag my bicycle out for tomorrow, my lesson for today. My daughter Lindsey called me to tell me she had been in a fender bender. Her fault. She was rushing to get to a dental appointment. Her car has much more damage that the car she hit. The other car has a good size scratch on the right rear bumper, Lindsey's car has a good size crunch on the front left fender. But, no one was hurt. Accidents happen. Be more careful when driving and not rush, her lesson for today. Lindsey feels really bad, I remindered her to be thankful it wasn't worse. Keep it on the brighter side!!

Good, ... no, Great things are happening today too!! I am getting a new Ukulele!! My husband is buying me a very early birthday present! The uke I have been learning on is a basic beginners uke. We bought it while on vacation in Cannon Beach. Was very inexpensive and it sounds ok. But the store where my husband Joe works just got a new shipment of Kala Ukuleles. I tried this one out yesterday when I went for my lesson and I loved it!! It's shiny black with pearl (I think plastic pearl) accents. It has a pickup in it so it can be plugged in to a small amplifier, which we already have! (I can go rock out on my uke now!!) And it sounded so nice! I could really hear the difference in the quality of the instrument. I can't wait to get home and try it out!! The other great thing is tonight. We are having the first Swell Sister career artist meeting! I am looking forward to it. Some of the Swell Sisters already sell their art and will be great mentors. I have much to learn.
Well I thought I'd post one of my photos instead of a painting. Photography was a passion long before I had the drive to paint. This is one of my favorites, it is my hubby joe playing. The red stage light really caught him!
Ok well I think that's all for now… Be well. Terry

No comments: