Tuesday, October 13, 2009

True life story #17

Driving home from the YMCA last night, Eric Clapton's song "Let it Rain" was playing on my radio.

The rain is falling through the mist of sorrow that surrounded me.
The sun could never thaw away the the bliss that lays around me….

I drive under a street light just as he starts to sing:

Let it rain, let it rain,Let your love rain down on me.
Let it rain, let it rain, Let it rain, rain, rain...


My windshield was spotted with rain! And it hasn't stopped since.
Eric Clapton made it rain! Love it!!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm struck by the paradox of those first two lines (I love Eric Clapton, though I couldn't tell you what he sings)...Anyway, I do love the rain and that photo is pretty cool, TJ!

Laurelin Gilmore said...

This just made me miss you so much. I hope to see you sometime soon. Maybe I'll get a sitter and head out to a Joe show sometime soon? Peace.