Friday, November 13, 2009

New painting

I did this painting for a raffle that will be taking place at the VOX show this weekend. Sorry there is a little glare on the photo. The raffle is to benefit the Byron Blackburn memorial fund. A fund that was set up for music students in the Elk Grove school district. We didn't know Byron, he was a local bass player who lost a battle with cancer in September. I understand his wife is an artist, I really feel for her. He was not very old, looks like early to mid 30's in the photos I saw. Anyway, I had another skeleton in me. I am calling her "Bass Blues", she looks so sad, and has a hair clip with a bass clef on it. In honor of Byron Blackburn. I hope they like it. Be well... Tj.

2 comments:

jen zone said...

I still think this painting reminds me of Jahari. I love it!

Did it go into good hands?

Tj Lev said...

Hi Jen! It is absolutely the hair. Jahari has such a full head of hair! I can see it. And, really I have no idea, a man named Bill won her, that's all I know. One of the Vox girls, Evie, really wanted her, but she didn't get her. Oh well. Maybe I will do a print. Hum...