Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day of the Dead paintings

Ok, just a quick update. I finished 3 small paintings to hang by my Day of the Dead altar that will be on display at the Marco Fuoco Gallery here in Sacramento. They are acrylic on 4x12 canvas. I'm having fun with these! I have one more skull painting in my head I'm going to try to finish also. We'll see!

I think I"ll call them, Lighting the way...
Side view shows the marigolds painted down the sides. Well it's hard to see in the red one but they are there! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Tj.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I've read of the celebratory reason for this traditional holiday, but it still seems a tad gruesome...especially when thinking that the way is lit for my particular walk down that path!!! LOLOLOL Still and yet, TJ, I find myself intrigued and you've done such a wonderful job with this! Hope you take a photo of the display when it all comes together!

Laurelin said...

Very cool Tj! I can't wait to see them in person!