Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Saturday fun...

This past Saturday night was fun. I went to the Lodi Grape festival with my hubby. He was playing with the Wingnut Adams Blues Band. Wingnut is a great entertainer and really funky musician and puts on a heck of a show! This is a photo of Wingnut playing the harmonica, my hubby in the back ground doin his thing...




They played in the evening, before them was a country band. The Bobby McDowell Band, they were ok. Not the best music I've ever heard, and kind of korny. He seemed kind of well… like his ego was slightly inflated. Here he is (cowboy hat) signing an autograph on his promo photo, using Joe's speaker cabinet as a table. Joe is standing there just waiting... dude, Joe was trying to get set up! He finished signing his autograph stood up, chest all puffed out and looked up at Joe and was standing there like hand me the photo of me to sign. Joe pointed to the speaker, and Bobby moved out of the way. Geez really? Egomaniac, get out of the way we want to set up!



I did a little walking around, but it was really hot, so not much. There was a bungee jumping trampoline thing that the kids were having a great time on. I stood in the shade and watch for a while, they were having so much fun!






There was a reptile exhibit, I loved these big tortoises!! A juggler riding around on his unicycle. A big band with musicians of all ages. Really quite the county fair festival!













There were 4 music stages. That night Blue Oyster Cult was the headliner on the big stage but I never made it over there. But I did go see The Ralph Woodson Experience. A Jimi Hendrix tribute band and they were really good! I never did have the chance to see Jimi Hendrix live… so this was the closest I'm ever going to get! I enjoyed that very much. The band was great and he really sounds like Jimi, and kind of looks like him too! I also took some time while Joe was playing, and went to play Pitch. It is the Lions club version of Bingo! The catch is, the players throw a baseball into a cage thing and the ball goes into a grid and that is how the numbers are picked. You call the number you are picking as you throw your ball, if you actually call the right number, you win sausages. If you get a Pitch (bingo) you win a ham! Yep it was very quaint!!! Enjoyed myself very much.

I am working on an Ofrendas, or Altar for a Day of the Dead art and altar exhibit. I had to do a lot of research on the subject since I've never done one. Mine is going to be honoring my mom and dad. I'll post photos as I get parts of it done. I was working on making paper marigolds last night, after my water aerobics class. I got one done, it was a little time consuming, I'm going to have to figure out something a little quicker… really I think I used too much paper on the first one, and it was really larger than I wanted. I'm going to try another technique tonight! Well that is it for now! Be well. Be creative. Tj.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You do so many fun things, TJ! I love fairs and this one looks to be no exception. Love the photo of that ride too. Another great painting op, I tell ya'. Can't wait to see your altar art piece...

Kathleen Harrington said...

Recently discovered your blog.... stop by my blog and pick up an award I'm giving you today!
Kathleen